Tugas Bahasa Inggris (Softskill) Bulan Ke-1

Tugas Bahasa Inggris Bulan Ke-1

UNIT 1 A
Part A
1.    Mother, Faather, Brother, Sister

2.    Mother = Female
Father = Male
Brother = Male
Sister = Female

3.    Wanda’s Family. Wanda have 2 sister [a][n] and 2 brother [k][o]. Wanda got 4 parents. Wanda’s mother and Wanda’s Father are divorced and both of them have remarried. [l][m] are wanda’s  father and he’s new wife. [i][j] are wanda’s mother and she’s new husband.[e] is wanda’s ucle with wanda’s aunt [g] and [f] he is wanda’s nephew, son of wanda’s ucle and aunt. This is wanda’s grandmother [b], and he is wanda’s grandfather [c]. and the last, [d] he is wanda’s ucle too.

4.    [h] = Wanda
[i] = Tina
[j] = Costa
[l] = Harry
[m] = Roxxete
[g] = Sandra
[e] = Ray
[f] = Grace
[a] = Fatimah
[o] = Warren
[c] = Stan
[k] = Danny
[b] = Mrs. Mirren
[d] = Tom
[n] = Tracey

5.    This is Wanda’s World. I think wanda was lucky, because wanda could have them.



Part C
9.
No
Subject
Verb
Object
1
Tom
Loves
Wanda
2
Sandra
Married
Ray
3
Warren
Visited
Wanda
4
Warren
Loves
Wanda
5
Mrs. Mirren
Forgot
Her Key
6
Tina
Divorced
Harry

10.                       1.Tracey
2.A young sister of wanda and she’s married with Ray
3.Warren loves
4.Warren
5.Mrs. Mirren
6.Tina

11.                       Only Subject
12.                       Q : Who’s the new wife of wanda’s father?
A : Roxxete.


UNIT 1 B
Part A


1.    [a] = Business Partner
[b] = Friends Relationship
[c] = Family
[d] = Husband and Wife
[e] = The Women’s Career
[f] = Student
[g] = a Teacher


2.    – I can shake hands to each other
-         Bow
-         Wave to each other
-         Many more
Part B
3.    a. 4 = a [Introducing Friends]
b. 7 = a [Getting Attention]
c. 3 = b [Addressing People]
d. 5 = c [Meeting New Colleagues]
e. 2 = a [Men and Women]
f. 1 = a [Body Language]
g. 6 = d [Meeting Your Teacher]

Part C
9. C [They are hugging each other]
     B [she’s hugging herself]
     A [she’s hugging someone else]
10. Pronouns
Subject
Possessive
Object
Reflexife
Sheintroduced me
He introduce hiswife
I introduced them
We introduced ourselves
[I am a carry]
my
me
myself
you
[I’m bring you something]
you
yourself
[He is a support]
his
[He want to say something]
himself
she
her
[She loves him]
[We introduced herself]
we
[Good luck for us]
us
ourselves
they
their
them
themselves

12. 2. Myself
     3. Yourself
     4. You
     5. Us
     6. Himself
     7. Them

UNIT 1 C
Part A
1.    Yes, I do
2.    She is Princess Margarita
3.    Every people in the picture are mentioned in the text

Part B
5. a. The driver sits in front of a bus and the passengers sit behind the driver
     b. In Britain, cars drive on the left of the road. If  you want to pass a slow lorry, you have to pass                   on the right of it
6.  Q : Where’s Princess Margarita?
     A : She’s standing in the middle of a group of girls in the picture

Part C
7.    Prado
8.     
Use present simple for…
Use present countinuos for..
Watch [2]
I’m studying [1]
Look [3]
Works [4]
Believe [7]
Checks [5]

He’s standing [6]
9.    1. wants - touched
2 .holds – think
3. painting – painted
4. spending – help
5. talking – work
6. like – writing

10. 1. I like action movies
     2. I love this song
3. I spending my time with you
4. I want to say something
5. I touch him
6. I saw you yesterday
7. I’m studying right now
8. Mei painting a artpop



UNIT 1 D
Part A

2. Actually [3]
     Novel [1]
     Apple [1]
     Camera [1]
     Exit [1]
     Large [3]
Parent [3]
Police [3]
Smoking [1]
Taxi [1]
Tennis [1]

    3. a. Photocopy
     b. Photo
     c. Mall
d. Supermarket
e. Calendar
f. Calculator

Part B
4.    Wait, weight, wait

5.    [4] Buying Fruit
[2] Chatting at work
[3] Crossword
[1] English Class

6.    1. Right - Write
2. Flu – Flew
3. Why – Y
4. Pair – Pear
5. Bear – Beer
[These all have same pronounciation]

7.    2. [a] Day
3. [q] New
4. [i] Fly
5. [f] Jeff
6. [l] Spell
7. [m] Them
8. [n] Pen
9.  [s] Dress
10. [x] Kneck
11. [o] Know
12. [r] Car
13. [z] Bed

8.    1. T, E, D, C, P, Z, G [Tree][B]
2. J, K [Day][A]
3. U,W [New][Q]
4. Y [Fly][I]
5. H, P, V

UNIT 1 E
Part A
1.    1. People she doesn’t know.
2. Learn new thing.
3. Attaching a photo with the email

2.    [3] My general background and interest
[4] My hope for the future
[1] Greeting
[6] Goodbye
[5] My interest in the topic of he discussion group
[2] My name and how I heard about the discussion group

3.    1 dear
2 wanda J, invited by Tony G
3
4 photos of people, capture personality sending photo
5 want learn more, contribute
6 best wishes,

UNIT 2A
Part A
1.    Religius groups : Christian, Muslim
            Region : Central America, The middle East, The south Pasific
Countries : Bolivia, Guatemala, Jewish, Tanzania, East Africa
2.    Religius groups : Buddhist, Hinduism
Region : South East Asian
Countries : Indonesia, Japan
3.    Age and gender : young man
Nasionality : moroccan
Religion : muslim
Ethnic background: barber
Part of continent : Africa
Country : North Africa
Region : Atlas mountain
Environment : Mountains, desert

PART C
8.  Use the before :
Mountain range –  The far East
Rivers – the Nile
Oceans and Seas – The Atlantic
Island groups – The Canary island
Deserts – the Arabian Desert
Some countries – the United States
Some region – The Alps

Don’t use the before :
Region – Polynesia
Single mountain – Mount Everest
Countries – India
Continent – Asia
Single Island – North Island
Cities – London
            Lake – Lake Victoria

9.    1. Lake Titicaca is in the Andes Mountains.
     2. The Atlas Mountains are north of the Sahara Desert.
     3. The Baffin Island is in Canada
     4. Lake Victoria is in Africa
     5. The Jordan is in the Middle East
     6. Polynesia is in the pacific ocean
     7. Britain is also called United Kingdom
UNIT 2 B
Part A
1.    Food : Indonesian foods are famous in many countries.
Places that tourists visit : Indonesia has many places that tourist visit, for example Bali Island.
2.    Places that tourists visit, clothes, and souvenirs
4. 1. They always have old-fashioned ideas about Britain. Sometimes
    2.  The tour guides sometimes take them to see the usual sight.usually
    3. They hardly ever want to see Big Ben. always
    4. They are never interested in less well-known sights. quite often
  5. The tour guides sometimes take them to Soho to eat Chinese food. always
    6. They usually stay in Britain for more a few day. Rarely

5.      1. Because they want to buy shoes for their family, they use that paper for sure the size.
2. Because Visa rules have changed, Chinese economy is strong, and   airlines are introducing more direct flight from China to Britain.
          3. Because they read the famous London Fog book.
          4. Because they like Charles Dicken’s book.
          5. Because they want to buy present for family.


6.    Yes, I would

Part B
7.     They always like the city lights
 They usually go to see the sights.
 They always go to see Big Ben.
 They quite often visit ‘Number Ten’
 They always take photo there
 They rarely miss Trafalgar Square
 They hardly ever stops
 They never want to miss the shops

10.     1. Take, want, stay, go, visit.
    2. Sometimes, always, usually, often
    3. They (Chinese tourists)

11.     2. I always go aboard on my holiday.
3. I usually eat Chinese food in for lunch.
4. Tourists are quite often interested in the history of my country.
5. Foreigners always have old-fashioned ideas on my country.         
6. I usually visit the usual tourist sight in my own country.


UNIT 2 C
Part A
1.    Material wood, leather, metal, polymer, plastic, iron, wool,fabric.
Shape and size wide, flat, long, short, big, small.
Part of an object top, side, handle, bottom, label.

2.    a. Fisherman used the item for keeping fish
b. This item like a cup and straw made of metal
c. This is a glove of boxing
d. A potato masher made of wire and wood
e. This is water tank for bring water
     f. A small chair from wood as material
     g. A green fishing float
     h. A jug made of clay
     i. Two small bottle of perfume
     j. A  headrest made of wood
     k. Traditional musical instrument made from wood
     l. A baseball glove for catching ball


3.    [4] fishing floats
[2] baseball glove
[5] mate cup and straw
[3] potato masher
[1] wooden headrest



4.    1 = J
2 = L
3 = D
4 = G
5 = B

    

5.         1 = wood = kayu
2 = leather = kulit
3 =handle = gagang
4 = nets = jaring
5 = container = wadah


Part B
6.      1 = f, j, k
2 = e
3 = b
4 = k
5 = c, l
6       = f


7.      1 = made of, used as, used for,
         2 = kind of,
         3 = used in,
         4 = made of,
         5 = made of, covered with, kind of, used as

8.    2 =    A. it’s a glove
B. you can’t use this item for boxing
3 =    A. it’s covered with leather
          B. not all of bag’s is covered with leather
4 =    A. it’s used for carriying water
          B. a bucket can carriying water
5 =    A. it’s used for dringking a kind of tea
          B. it’s a water container

UNIT 2 D
Part B

6. Rule 1= context
            Rule 2 = events
            Rule 3 = longer
            Rule 4 = shorter
7.   - Part I = worked, didn’t go, was feeling, invited, said, went, explained, was using, didn’t need, was eating, was feeling, started.

- Part II = finished, was still running, turned away, noticed, turned to, looked away, started again, was sitting, explained, I wanted, I returned, I noticed, were covering, were trying, started laughing

8. was sitting, was reading, got, was wearing, stood, sat, noticed, had,         saw, said, had, got, was going, came, ran.
9.  Part I = During this weekend, in the second week, in the evening, after some practice, my firs time.

Part II = When I turned, my first mistake, next time, my second mistake, when I returned, in the end, finally.

10.         Im Hunt. I live in Spain. Today I didn’t go out because I had so cold. In the next three days I was feeling better than yesterday. Some friends invited me out to eat tomorrow. We met at ten and went to a bar. My friend ate the tapas, or bar snacks, but I didn’t eat because I wanted to be hungry for dinner. I asked, ‘when are we going to have dinner?’ my friend laughed and said, ‘the tapas were the dinner!’ in the end I went to bed hungry.

UNIT 2 E
Part C

5. 1 = three
            2 =  more than one sentence
            3 = the context
            4 = the main event
            5 = the result of the main event

6. paragraph 1 = when and where I went
Paragraph 2 = what I did/said
Paragraph 3 = what I learned


UNIT 3 A
Part A

1.    Yes, I agree with these opinion 1 and 2
2.    School subjects history, math, sains, geography
Things in the classroom black board, chair, table, window, pencil
Events in the school playground, canteen, toilet
3.    B
·        Class, school
·       Good at evening
·       She treats him like normally classmate
·       Nope
·       To come back after couple of years with the different look like hot the same like she was in the school

Part B
6.  a = false
b = true

a = true
b =false

7. 1, 4 = true

8. +She used to sing
-She didn’t use to sing
?did he use to love her?

9.       3. She didn’t use to speak to me when we were at school
4. (used to not possible)
5. Did you use to fancy anybody in your class?
6. (used to not possible)

10.     There is a blackboard in 20 years ago, and now it’s a whiteboard.

PART 3 B
Part A
1.    I’ve learned how to make meatball.
I’d like to visit Japan for holiday.

2.       2 =success
3= give up sth
4= success
5=successful
6=achieve

3.       2= he succeeded in his exam
3= he bever gave up
4= his teachers are pleased for his achievements
5= he has been successful writer
                  
Part B
4.     a man just started to have primary school when he was old, and he was a successful student.
5.    Yes, I was.

6.    2=true
3=false
4=true
5=true
6=false


7.    1=Because he achieved a place in the Guinness book of record as the world’s oldest primary school pupil.
2=because when kimani started school, he couldn’t hold a pen. Now he has learnt to write a few words in Swahili
3=because he didn’t go to school as a child because his family couldn’t pay the fees.

Part C
8.    Past simple = I didn’t study much last week, I visited Kenya in 2002, what did you learn when you started?
Present perfect = have you achieved much this year?, she has phoned three times in the last few minutes, what have you learnt since you started?
9.    Past simple, present perfect
10.           2= they had a very successful year last year.
3= she didn’t achieve much when she was at university.
4= she hasn’t achieved much since she started university.

11.           2=in the last few minutes
3=in the last few minutes
4=in your life
Rule a=1,4  b=2,3
12.     I’ve never been to Japan
I’ve ever fallen from high place
I’ve never been to Bali

UNIT 3 C
Part A

1.    Teenagers should
1= agree
2=not agree
3=agree
Parents should
1=not agree
2=agree
3=not agree

2.    No, he is not. Because the woman in his dream isn’t his mom.

3.    1=unhappy
2=hopefully
3=confused
4=surprised
5=pleased
6=pleased
7=fed up
8=fed up
9=unhappy
10= happy


Part B
5. 1=make up
2=turn on
3=put on
4=take off
5=turn up
6=put away


6. He took it off
He took off his shoes
Rules
Nouns
Pronouns

7. 1=And put them away
            2= correct
            3=correct
            4=can you turn it up
            5=take them off

8.    1= get up
            2=wake up
            3=hurry up
            4=try something new
            5=shout
            6=stand it
            7=grow up

9.    1= grow up
            2= wake up
            3= made it up
            4= shout me to go
            5= took your jacket off
6= stand it

UNIT 3 D
Part A

1.    We start elementary school at the age of six, start junior highschool at the age of twelve, and start senior highschool at the age of fifteen.
2.    ‘A’ level= 1
Masters = 2
GSCE = 2
Doctorate = 1
Degree(BA or Bsc) = 1
3.    1= department
2= faculty
3= school
4= classes
5= school
6= professor
7= teacher
8= college

Part B
4. 1= get a job but bad salary and noteducated.
            2=get an education but you need to have hardwork.

5. A=1
            Q=3
            R=2
            K
Work is not about salary, but about something you like to do and have a well connection.

6.    My job isn’t well paid, but it is not bad. I get well colleagues, I like the job, it’s close to my house, and I have many free time.

UNIT 3 E
Part C

6. In the personal profile
Personal profile :
-   I’m reliable, I’m punctual, I’m graduate, I’ve got a driving licnce, I’ve got a car
-   I’m qualified, I’m experienced, I’am flight attendant, I’ve got good first-aid skills
-   I’m trained, I’m highly skills, I’m a computer technician, I’ve got a qualification, I’ve got good references

7.    Personal profile :
-   I’m hard working with good computer skills
         -  I’m always do my task on time









Komentar